The United Nations Association in Canada’s (UNA-Canada) International Development & Diplomacy Internship Programme (IDDIP) provides successful applicants, known as Junior Professional Consultants (JPCs), with invaluable, demanding, deeply meaningful work experience, as well as a proven bridge to employment. The Programme also provides professional development training & support including: job readiness, professional resume preparation; access to our exclusive mentorship programme before, during and after their deployments.
Now in its 20th year of investing in talented young Canadians, the IDDIP is proud to continue sending Canada’s best and brightest graduates and young professionals to UN and other international Agencies around the world on six-month internships.
- No application or administrative fee, however the internships are unpaid, and successful candidates must cover living costs, flights, etc.
- The application deadline is February 29th, 2016.
- Must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident.
- Over 98% of our JPCs find meaningful work within six months of completing their internship – acting as a proven bridge to employment.
- Internships are typically six-months in length with Agencies such as: UNDP, IOM, UNODC, UNICEF, UN Women, UNHCR.
- The majority of UNA-Canada’s internship opportunities require a completed bachelor degree. A few opportunities require applicants to be currently enrolled at a recognized university, thus 4th year students, may apply knowing there are limited opportunities available. The majority of our successful candidates are current, or graduated, grad students.
- Successful applicants will be deployed in May, June and July, 2016 depending on the needs of partner Agencies.
To apply, for more information about UNA-Canada, and to view the bios of our current JPCs, please visit our website http://unac.org/ and follow the directions from the IDDIP webpage. Also, follow us on twitter @UNACIDDIP and @UNACanada for regular updates about the programme, as well as our Instagram @UNAC_IDDIP to see some of the remarkable locations our JPCs work in.